Upper Waltham is a parish on the high road from Petworth to Chichester, 6 miles south-west of the former, and 8 miles north-east from the latter city, in Box hundred, rape of Chichester, and Westhampnett union. Its area is 1,260 acres; the population, in 1841, was 99; assessed to the Income Tax at £665. The living is a rectory, value £108 per annum, in the patronage of Col. Wyndham, and incumbency of the Rev. Henry Cogan.
Letters received through Petworth.
Shepperd James, farmer
Shotter Charles, shopkeeper
Taylor Charles, farmer
Transcribed by Stacey Gardner