Selham is a village 3 miles east of Midhurst, in Easebourne Hundred, Midhurst union, rape of Chichester, contains 863 acres; population in 1831, 89 and in 1841, 121; assessed at £668. The living is a disbursed rectory, value £150 per annum, in the gift of the principal and fellows of Brazennose College, Oxford; the incumbent is the Rev. Henry Blackburn; the church is dedicated to St Mary; it is a small building in the English style of architecture.
Letters received through Midhurst
Blackburn Rev. Henry
Ewens Mrs. Elizabeth, maltster
Gadd Edward, miller, Lodge Mill
Smith Eli, farmer
Transcribed by Stacey Gardner