Post Office Directory 1851, Linch, West Sussex


Linch is a parish in Easebourne hundred, Midhurst union, rape of Chichester, with 1,271 acres, and a population of 90; assessed at 615. The benefice is a rectory.

Linchmere, in the same jurisdiction, is a parish with 2,075 acres, and 280 inhabitants; assessed at 913. The benefice is a perpetual curacy, value 60 per annum, in the patronage and incumbency of the Rev. William Henry Parsons.

Linch
Aylwin James, farmer
Chivess Charles, farmer
Turner William, farmer

Linchmere
Parsons Rev. William Henry
Burt James, farmer
Clapshaw Charles, grocer
Stilwell John, blacksmith
Stilwell William, coal merchant


18/10/2006

Transcribed by Stacey Gardner

Sussex OPC Home