Post Office Directory 1851, Iford, East Sussex


Iford is a parish 3 miles south of Lewes, on the road to Newhaven, in Swanborough hundred, Chailey union, Lewes rape, with 1,680 acres, and a population of 174 and assessed at 2,705. The benefice is a vicarage with that of Kingston near Lewes, value 348 per annum, in the patronage of Robert G. Rossiter, esq.

Post Office - John Gaston, receiver. Letters arrive 6.30am; dispatched 7.15pm

Allfree Rev. William Edward
Allfree William, esq.
Donalds Rev. Matthew H.
Hurly the Misses
Ridge Henry, esq.


18/10/2006

Transcribed by Stacey Gardner

Sussex OPC Home