Post Office Directory 1851, East Guldeford, East Sussex


East Guildford, or Guldeford, is a parish in the Goldspur hundred of Hastings rape, with 2,430 acres, and a population of 127, assessed at 6,075. The benefice is a rectory with that of Playden, valued at 450 per annum, in the patronage and incumbency of the Rev. G. A. Lamb, D.D.; Rev. Charles Stuart, curate

Letters received through Rye

Chapman Samuel Herbert, wine & spirit merchant and brewer
Offen John, farmer
Pankhurst Thomas, farmer


29/09/2006

Transcribed by Stacey Gardner

Sussex OPC Home