Bignor is a parish 4 miles south of Petworth, in bury hundred, rape of Arundel, with 1,180 acres, and a population, in 1841, of 210, assessed to the Income Tax, in 1842, at £911. The benefice is a rectory, value £143 per annum, and in the patronage of Col. Wyndham. The Roman road passes near here.
Buddington is a hamlet of Bignor, with 38 inhabitants
Letters received through Petworth.
Hawkins John H. esq.
Tompkins Rev. Richard U. (rector)
Gadd Henry, farmer
Neal John, farmer
Tupper Richard, farmer
Tupper William, farmer
Transcribed by Stacey Gardner