Post Office Directory 1851, Bepton, West Sussex


Bepton is a small parish in Easebourne Hundred and rape of Chichester, 3 miles south-west of Midhurst, comprising 1,098 acres, chiefly arable. The benefice is a rectory, in the deanery of Midhurst and archdeaconry of Chichester, value 127 per annum, in the patronage of the Earl of Egmont; the incumbency is the Rev. W. S. Serres. Population, in 1831, 166, and in 1841, 207. Assessment, in 1842, 898

Letters received through Midhurst.

Serres Rev. Wyndham Scott
Edward James, farmer
Marshall George, farmer
Sadler Nicholas, farmer


07 Sep 2006

Transcribed by Stacey Gardner

Sussex OPC Home